Why don't New Year resolutions stick?
Try this instead.
Instead of only making resolutions for the future; spend some time to reflect on the year that has past.
Because GRATITUDE is the key to happiness; past, present and future.
Say thank you for all the blessings that you have already received. The big milestones and the little things that make every day beautiful. The fresh cup of coffee in the morning. Your family. A loving hug from someone special in your life. An incredible book you have read. A smile from someone that lit up your day.
Gratitude transforms everything. It changes your life for the better. Every battle we face gets easier if we show gratitude.
Don’t think about gratitude as a single action. Think of it as a part of your lifestyle.
Try this exercise:
- Sit quietly and relax.
- Visualise yourself in the center of your mind; at the center of your world.
- Now think of all the things you are grateful for about yourself.
- Then move out to your closest family, your home, your friends.
- And slowly extend the circle of gratitude out as far as you can. Each time thinking of all the things you are grateful for.
No need to spend more than a few minutes.
But see how you feel - I bet you feel great!
- You see, the more you embrace gratitude, the more you will attract things to be grateful for.
- You’ll feel happier and more satisfied with what you already have.
- You’ll repel negative energy from you.
- It will help you heal.
- You’ll feel less anxiety and stress.
- Confidence levels will be higher.
Regret, resentment, envy, depression… gratitude helps block them all out.
What are you grateful for right now?
Let us know in the comments below!
Let’s start a gratitude chain!
And Happy New Year! Tracey xxx