You 'hop' on an aeroplane full of excitement, ready for your summer holiday and whoops!
After a few hours at a few thousand feet not only may your mouth feel like it's full of cotton wool but your skin will be in desperate need of some TLC too!
Jet-lag is NOT a pretty look!
There's nothing worse than spending days planning your gorgeous summer holiday attire to then be greeted by your skin is looking tired and lacklustre then EVER! Yikes!
Flying isn't one of your skins faves ... All the air conditioned, dry air just parching your skin, leading to breakouts and flaky patches.
So how about giving yourself a little in-flight spa-treatment while you take a nap or watch a movie? Sounds absolutely blissful doesn’t it?
I’ve selected a few of my absolute essentials to take with you while traveling (which don't require an awkward trip to the super cramped toilet).
Not to mention they are all within the 'allowed' of flying guidelines (but those do change so it's up to you to be sure!).
Here we go:
1. Pre-Moistened Cleansing Cloths…. A refreshing treat ... You never know when you need to cleanse your skin. These portable wipes can easily remove all traces of makeup, dirt, oil and sweat. Best of all the cloths will not leave behind any tacky residue but a refreshed, hydrated feeling to the skin!
2. Hydrating Facial Spray…. To replenish your skin and instantly boost it during your flight, a calming facial spray has the ability to retain water. If you’re skin tends to get irritated like mine---I love to spritz my face every hour or so during a long flight to keep my skin feeling hydrated. If you hate getting up to use the toilet, this is a miracle in a bottle to be jet-lag free!
3. Quick Sheet Mask Facial… As much as I would love to use a hydrating mask during my flight, it’s not the least bit practical! I’ve got just the thing—a sheet mask. While you may end up getting a few silly and awkward glances, a sheet mask instantly gives you a spa-like effect for a cooling-nourishing sensation. Sheet masks are infused with a refreshing serum to bring back a youthful glow before your holiday starts!
4. Flight off Wrinkles… A skincare routine that I can’t skip out on is a nourishing anti-aging cream, and we can’t forget it during our holiday now can we? Dry in-flight air can instantly dehydrate the skin, revive it with Imperial Moisturiser to smooth out all dryness. Don’t forget to massage any remaining cream into your hands and fingers for softer skin.
5. Smooth Kissable Lips… Last but not least, our lips can’t be overlooked…especially if it’s a romantic getaway! Our lips are the thinnest layer of skin on our face, so it’s no wonder we need a little extra TLC for our pout. To prevent dead flaky skin and chapping, apply a natural lip conditioner like Superior Lip Butter. And I'll let you into a little secret ... it's great on your nails and cuticles too!
As much as I love to travel, it can get a little tiring… so be sure to take a few minutes out with these refreshing skincare essentials.
You can thank me later ;-)